How To Impress Your Teacher
How to Impress Your Teachers in Middle or High School
Being successful in middle school and high school can be complicated and require a lot of focus and effort. One of the most important aspects of success during this time in your academic career is making sure your teachers have a good impression of you. Since your teachers are in charge of your grades and you may need to ask them for their help with things like writing letters of recommendation, working hard to impress your teachers is definitely something you should try to do.
To impress your middle or high school teachers, start by showing up to class on time with a smile on your face, since this will show you are friendly, mature, and respectful. Next, try taking good notes in class to show your teachers you’re paying attention and working hard. Additionally, if you’re struggling to keep up with all your assignments, try making lists and writing things down in a planner so you won’t disappoint your teacher by turning in late work or forgetting assignments altogether.For more tips, including how getting to know your teacher might help you form a meaningful connection, read on.
Behaving Like an Ideal Student
Be on time to impress your teachers.Being late shows teachers you don't respect them, and disrespecting teachers will not impress them. Punctuality is a very important quality to develop and a sign of maturity that will be sure to impress your teachers.
Get to know your teachers.Teachers are people too. Taking the time to learn about your teachers and letting them get to know you is a great way to get in their good graces. This will impress your teachers by letting them know you care and that you pay attention to details.
- Try striking up a conversation by asking about personal details you already know like, “How are your cats doing, Mr. Smith?” or “How is Mr. Evans doing, Mrs. Evans?”
- Look at the personal effects your teachers have on their desks. If they have a lot of pictures of mountains, ask them if they like to go hiking. Or tell them about a personal connection you might have with some mountains (maybe your family went there on vacation one summer?). Try making connections between yourself and the details you see about your teachers’ lives.
- You can also give them a little card or gift during the holidays. A gesture of appreciation can mean a lot to your teachers. Just don’t make it too extravagant of a gift or your teacher will feel uncomfortable accepting it. A simple card, a box of candy, or a giftcard would be an acceptable gift.
Respect yourself and others.Teachers are not impressed by bullies or students who get in trouble. Try to show your teachers that you respect them and your fellow classmates by treating others with kindness and generosity.
- Show your teachers that you respect yourself by not allowing others to treat you poorly. Stand up for yourself if someone bullies you and report bad behavior to the principal if you see something.
Doing Impressive Work
Present your work neatly.This means neat handwriting when turning in assignments and keeping your notes and belongings organized in class.Spend time on your homework so that you don’t make careless mistakes.
- Do your work in pencil when possible so that you can easily erase any mistakes you might make. If you have to write in pen, try to make as few mistakes as possible. But be prepared to start over with a clean sheet of paper if there are too many mistakes.
Take notes in class.Taking diligent notes in class will show your teachers that you are paying attention to what they are saying in class. This will make them think you are a hard worker.
- Plus, taking notes will help you in the long run too. When test time rolls around, you’ll be prepared with lots of notes from class to study from.
Don’t turn in assignments late.It can be easy to fall behind in high school and middle school because you suddenly have many more classes and assignments, but the responsibility is all your own too. Turning in assignments late, asking for extensions regularly, or forgetting assignments altogether will not impress your teachers.
- Being organized is a big part of turning in assignments on time. Try keeping track of your homework by writing your assignments in a planner and notating the due dates for each assignment.Being organized and never forgetting assignments will impress your teachers.
Do extra credit.Many teachers offer optional extra credit assignments. Take advantage of these opportunities and complete the assignments. It will be a great way to help your grades and to show your teachers that you are willing to go that extra mile.
Looking Like an Ideal Student
Dress neatly to impress your teachers.Most teachers dislike messy uniforms. Wear clothes that fit nicely. Make sure your clothing is as wrinkle-free as possible and meets all of your school’s requirements.
- If you don't wear a uniform in your school, then don’t dress inappropriately. Wear clothing that meets your school’s dress code requirements. Dress like you would if you were going to church.
- This means collared shirts with slacks or nice jeans for boys and dresses (knee-length) or nice pants and a cute top for girls. Nothing should be overly tight or revealing.
Smile more frequently.People are naturally drawn to others who appear friendly and open. This means that you should remember to smile in class, especially when speaking with your teachers. It will make your teachers like you more and give them a good impression.
- You don’t have to smile every second of the day. Just try to smile often.
Use body language to your advantage.Your body language is a great tool for impressing your teacher. You can let your teacher know you are being attentive in class by sitting up straight and making eye contact when your teacher is speaking. Consistently show that you are engaged in the class and your teacher will be impressed over time.
QuestionHow do I become smarter when entering middle school?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerTake a lot of notes in class and study a lot when you're at home. If you need extra help, talk to your teacher before or after class, or you can even form a study group with classmates. If you want to become smarter in general, read books in your spare time, preferably non-fiction.Thanks!
QuestionWhat should I do if my teacher is angry?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerStay calm. If they're angry at you, listen to why they are angry and apologize for what you did. Don't try to make excuses and promise them you'll never do it again.Thanks!
QuestionHow can I impress my teacher if they're not happy with me?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIf you did something wrong, apologize for it, then just follow the steps in the article. Make sure you're participating in class, turning all your assignments in on time, and studying hard for tests. If you try your best, your teacher will be impressed with you.Thanks!
How to be the smartest person in class
What types of questions should I ask my teacher to impress him?
How can I make them happy?
Should I do extra work that the teacher hasn't set to impress her?
What can I do to impress my teacher if he is angry with me?
- Raise your hand often. Answer their questions. But don't put your hand up every time because it could make you seem like a suck up.
- Compliment their teaching.
- Do not talk in class.
- Don't act like a nerd. If you have younger teachers, try to make funny jokes with your friends when she's nearby, so she knows that you have a great and positive personality.
- Don't try to show that you know everything, also try to help your classmates when they don't understand.
- On your first day of the new academic year try to impress teachers by answering her questions and be the first person to help her.
Video: 24 TIPS TO IMPRESS TEACHER - HOW TO IMPRESS YOUR TEACHER IN HINDI [ हिंदी ]
Money Matters: Cancer and Health Insurance
The Zoe Report: Where the Wild ThingsAre
The Victoria in Sheen
How to Diagnose Dental Problems in Rabbits
Colorado Parents Fear Pot-Laced Candy Ending Up in Kids Halloween Haul
Small Heels With Small Prices: The Best Mid-Height Heels
How to Remove Echo from Audio
The Gross Truth About Washing Your PJs
1920s Hairstyles: How To Do It Who To Copy
Professional Women’s Hairstyles
Outdoor Exercise Can Boost the Body, Mind, and Mood
How to Collect Porcupine Quills
A-Fib Hits Men Earlier Than Women