How to make your Mind Peaceful? By Sandeep Maheshwari I Hindi
How to Live Peacefully With Yourself and the World
Looking after yourself
Take care of yourself well.You are the person who knows yourself and your needs and limitations the best. Keep that knowledge at the forefront and take care of yourself.
- Keep fit. Exercise at least 10 minutes at a time, three times a day. Walk, run, jog, skip, lift weights, swim, walk the dog or play a sport. Find time to be active and to move. This will help to release tension, keep you flexible, increase strength and keep you fit.
- Sleep enough hours each night. Rest for 7 to 8 hrs a night. Also ensure that you remain rested throughout your waking hours.
- Take enough breaks if you are working long hours.
- Get fresh air during your breaks if you work inside a building all day.
Increase your knowledge daily.Continuous learning and adding knowledge in your day today life is essential for growth. This applies to both personal and professional life.
- Learning new skills in your life adds to your happiness and well being and increases your chances of success at any endeavor.
Care for your emotional needs.Be attentive to your feelings and emotions. Notice your thoughts and be kind to yourself when they turn negative. They are your thoughts––you can turn them around when they disturb you.
Do things that nurture your soul.Once again, you alone know what really calms, soothes and fortifies you. Veer toward those things in life and make the most of them. Some possibilities include:
- Music: It's a big healing factor in our life. If you can play music, even better.
- Reading: Occupying your mind is an important activity. Use reading instead of thinking negative thoughts and thinking about things you cannot change. Read good books and surround yourself with a positive environment and positive people.
- Writing: Writing down your thoughts on paper is a good way of de-stressing. Try it.
Be creative.Not only does this nurture your soul but it helps you to break from routine.
Improving your own sense of peace
Be grateful.Happiness always comes in small packages and little gestures. Happiness is not about possessing cars, homes, or wealth. It comes in making someone smile, helping someone, playing with kids, talking to elders, loving people respecting them. It can be a small bicycle ride or a 10 minute swim. It is always around you, awaiting you to unearth it and make the most of it. Count your blessings.
- Remember that being alive is the greatest blessing of all.
- Be content in what you have. It is more than enough compared to what you actually require.
Learn to embrace change.Change is inevitable and good or bad moments will come and go. Neither will not stay forever. Cherish the good moments and be strong during tough times. Choose your response, don’t react.
Have limited expectations.There is no end to the rat race and the things you could have, do and be. This constant need to upgrade, to better yourself, to have and do more, all takes its toll and leaves you feeling less-than-perfect and never at peace. Rather than buy into this constant neediness, take time to pause and enjoy what you already possess. Learn that enough is enough and you are already adequately provided for.
- Choose quality, not quantity. It doesn’t matter how many holidays you went on. What really matters is how well you have enjoyed them. You can enjoy your vacation even in your beautiful home.
Own your choices.You always have the choice of how you respond to the things that happen to you in life. Choose responsibility, calm and coping. From that will come strength, capacity and survival. From that will come happiness and peace.
- Have focus. Pay attention to the work you do. Focus hard, be it at play, work, in a relationship or anything.
Be forgiving.Forgive yourself and others. Don’t be so serious about your life, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Relax and have fun. Everything is momentary. It will end, eventually.
- Let go of things which you cannot hold onto, or things which are bothering you and eating at your mind. You will feel relieved. It is difficult, but try it.
Be humble.Always be humble and stick to your roots.
Go with the flow when required.Not everything in life happens as per your wishlist. In the end, everything will stabilize, but until that time, have patience to go with the flow and wait for your time to come.
- Remain flexible under all circumstances. If things do not go your way, don’t get frustrated. Be flexible and wise enough to accept the sudden change and respond to it with a calm mind.
Try to live each and every moment of your life.Be present physically and mentally, wherever you are and whatever activity you are doing. Listen with all your attention, if you are listening to someone. Focus 100 percent, if you are performing a task. There will be good moments, bad moments and also, at times, boring moments. Just live through the experience. Life is short. Make the most of it.
Do not get very attached to any one thing or person.If that thing does not exists tomorrow, you should be able to survive without it. Love them, like them, but only to an extent.
- Withdraw, if you think that your presence is not required or it's not worth it, from any situation or from the life of any person.
Improving your sense of peace with the world
Give to others.Give pleasant and caring surprises to people around you. If you want to receive something in life, start giving. Give Love, Peace and Happiness to others. They will be returned to you, in some form or the other. Give surprises to people, and put a smile on their face. People love surprises.
Listen to people.Listen authentically, with interest and a desire to understand. By listening, you'll discover who wants your love, praise, motivation and attention.
Keep your communications open.Be it your office or home, speak up. Ask questions , if you have problems. Praise people. Don’t fall short of words and appreciation, when it comes to praising people.
- Praise the opportunities and people around you.There are many good things around you, which need to be appreciated.
Give love and time to your family.
- Play with kids whenever you find time.
Be proactive.Reach out to people. Face your fears. Come out, be expressive. It's one life and one chance.
Cultivating a peace of mind
Keep things simple in life.There are already so many complications. Don’t add any to the list.
Be positive.This is especially valuable throughout adversity. Indeed, it is the only option left to you. It will take you away from your distress and move you to a better direction.
- Use many colors in your life, be it cloths, be you at home or in the office. Color brings energy and uplifts your mood.
Stay closer to the nature and greenery.It calms your mind and gives you energy. Always stay close to nature, whether at home, work and leisure.
Look within for all the answers.All your questing and queries are answered within you. You do not need to go to any outside place or visit temples. You know what is best for you and you have a right to select the best for yourself. Look within.
Accept that the mind matters.Everything in life boils down to the mind, the ultimate source of your peace and happiness. It's all in the mind. You and your mind will decide whether you are happy.
- Shift your perception. Your happiness boils down to how you see the world and people around you. The way you perceive things will decide your mood of the day.
Have peace of mind.If you are at peace with yourself, you are at peace with the world. Happiness is within, and not outside of you.
Video: learn how to live peacefully with yourself in 1 min
Tender Care Reviews
Louis Vuitton to launch its first perfume in 70 years
The Best Love Advice from a Wedding Videographer
Khloé Kardashian Responds to Ongoing Racism Against Baby True
How to Train for the 800 Meter Race in Track and Field
Marks Spencer team up with British Fashion Council to create new clothing collections
What It Costs to Prevent an MS Relapse: New Report Reveals Some Shockers
The Joys of Monotasking
7 Basic Products You Need to Maintain BlondeHair
Target All Your Trouble Spots
10 Great Life Hack Apps
Date: 14.12.2018, 17:45 / Views: 92374