How To Order Flowers From Your Local Florist
How to Order Flowers
There are many times when it is appropriate to send flowers to someone as a way to express some sentiment. Here's what you need to know to order flowers in person or over the phone.
Get all information that you need before you call a florist
make sure you have these ready BEFORE you call the florist
The full name and address of the person you are sending to
Make sure you have the correct spelling of all information
The phone number of the person you are sending to
Know whether or not the person you are sending to will be home
Have your credit card ready
Know what you want to write on the card
Recognize the occasion, the receiver and the amount of money you have to spend.
You may be surprised at how pricey flowers can be
Call and ask what the shops minimum for delivery is
Know that there will be a delivery fee, and it often depends on how far the florist will have to go
If you call one florist and they need to send it through another florist there will be a service charge
Find a florist.If there is a shop locally with whom you would like to establish a relationship, you can call or visit in person. If you are sending flowers further away, you can ask a local shop to send a wire or you can find a florist in that area online and call a 1-800 number to place an order. Most florists have a 1-800 number for just that reason, it will allow you to spend more on the arrangement and not have to pay a wire fee.
When you do wire flowers the receiving shop must take a percentage off of the initial amount they receive i.e.if you send flowers for it is very likely that you will only receive about worth of flowers.
Inform the florist.Tell the florist the occasion, the receiver and what kind of flowers you have in mind, also establish the amount you'd like to pay and ask if this is before or after any other kinds of fees, such as delivery charges.
Negotiate a deal.At this time, the florist will tell you what kind of arrangement she would make for this, maybe what kinds of flowers are in stock and what the delivery fee would be. If there is something in particular you want included, mention it now. Describe what you have in mind, use words like bold, colorful, monotone, delicate, tropical. Request a color scheme, if it is important. If you are giving an arrangement to an individual, describe what she is like and what kind of person she is. Is she conservative, whimsical or both? What kinds of colors does she like to wear?
Confirm the details.Make sure the order is exactly what you want, the list of charges and confirm payment are what you expect. If you are paying over the phone, you will need a credit card.
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- Florists are creative, often visually motivated, find one that appeals to your sensibility, or the receiver's to guarantee an arrangement with which you'll be please. A florist that specializes in Victorian Kissing Balls may not order a lot of tropical flowers such as orchids and birds of paradise.
- Florists usually have a good idea of what is appropriate for the situation. Flowers that would sent to a funeral are different than ones that would be sent to a girlfriend.
- Consider a potted plant. Plants will last much longer and can offer more bang for the buck.
- If there is a picture of the flowers on the website or an arrangement in the store that you liked, mention it. If you have seen something in a magazine or some other place tell them about it and ask if she can recreate it.
- Be flexible. Different flowers are available at different times of the year, ask what kind of flowers they have in stock. Sometimes they have flowers that were at the flower market that they have wanted to put in an arrangement. Seasonal flowers are usually less expensive.
- A reputable shop will expect their arrangement to last longer than a day, many can last a week. If your flowers die (and they have not been allowed to dry out by you or the receiver) you should call the shop and ask them to replace the arrangement.
Video: 10 Ways To Impress A Girl INSTANTLY | What Men Do That Women LOVE
Lactobacillus Rhamnosus GG Reviews
Shark Week Nail Designs: 10 Manicures to HelpCelebrate
Meryl Streep as Donald Trump
American Horror Story Has Been Renewed for Season 10
Louis Vuitton x Jeff Koons Artsy Bags Collection
How to Make a Chip Butty
2 Moves For Slimmer, Leaner Hips
9 Genius Ways To Relieve Bug Bites
How to Deal With Missing Someone
Race Training Tips: How to Taper Properly
How to Mend a Marriage After an Affair
How to Relax with Nature
5 Inspiring Rheumatoid Arthritis Social Media Accounts to Follow
Chrissy Teigen Is Teaming Up With Becca Cosmetics
Date: 06.12.2018, 14:23 / Views: 83531