FEAR OF GHOSTS! How I Overcame My Childhood Phobia With a SIMPLE Solution!
How to Stop Being Afraid of Ghosts
Ghost stories have been part of human culture for thousands of years. It is widely believed that ghosts are the spirits of the living who have passed away. Because humans are themselves a source of energy, some argue that when we die our energy lives on in the form of a spirit.Ghosts then, are nothing more than spirits who wind up on earth for one reason or another. While there is no absolute proof that ghosts exist, the fear that accompanies them is all too real for some people.
Stopping Bad Thoughts
Ask yourself why you’re scared.The first step in facing your fear of ghosts is to find out where your fear is coming from. Fear can be a helpful feeling as it often alerts us to danger; but other times, fear becomes an automatic response to fear of the unknown.This feeling can make situations appear worse than they really are. So ask yourself if there is really a ghost or if you are just afraid of the unknown.
- Ask yourself, “What am I actually afraid of?” Pick apart your fear by determining if you are actually in danger, or if your fear of the unknown is getting the better of you.
Stop an overactive imagination.What we create in our mind has the ability to create silly fears.Even if you’ve never experienced a ghostly encounter, your mind has a way of pulling together all of the worst images possible to make you afraid. Realize that you (and not the ghost) are the one doing all the scaring. By recognizing the power of your imagination, you can control your thoughts and get a handle on your fears.
- Calm an overactive imagination by watching less television. TV plays a major part in what we think about on a daily basis. By limiting the amount of movies and TV watched, you can stop buying into the false sense of reality created by media. At a minimum, limit the amount of ghost-themed TV you watch.
- Try meditation to learn to calm an active mind. By concentrating on different thoughts, objects, or chants, you can learn how to focus your mind and block out unwanted thoughts.
Remember they can’t hurt you.Popular belief says that ghosts have no power in this world and therefore cannot cause any physical harm to humans (after all, they are only spirits). It is believed that ghosts are either spirits who are passing by (and have no interest in you) or spirits of loved ones (who wouldn’t want to hurt you anyway). So rest assured that ghosts can’t do much harm aside from making your heart beat faster.
- There has been no proof that ghosts have ever caused any person physical harm. Most accounts are more legend than fact.
Forget what you’ve seen in movies.The movie industry has made millions of dollars by using people's fears to create an exaggerated view of the spiritual world.Though the spiritual world isn’t as terrifying and dangerous as depicted in film, it can play to the fears of those who are unfamiliar with spirits and ghosts. Avoid watching these exaggerated realities and instead try to connect to the spiritual world in a more natural and positive way.
Thinking Good Thoughts
Believe in your ability to stop being afraid.Believe in your ability to overcome your fear of ghosts and believe in your ability to face the unknown with strength and bravery. If you don’t trust your power to overcome this fear, you will never be successful.
- Don’t beat yourself up over your fear. Realize that it is perfectly natural.
- Recall your past successes. Think back about a time where you faced a difficult situation and came out on top.
- Allow yourself time to overcome your fear and if you fail, always set your mind to try again.
Realize you’re a spirit too.Remember that you yourself are composed of a spirit as well—the only difference is that you are living in both the physical and the spiritual worlds, while what we think of as ghosts live in only the spiritual world. Connecting to the spiritual world should not be considered something that is supernatural when spirit is who we are.
- Make an effort to embrace both the physical and spiritual world equally.
- Make an effort to think of ghosts or spirits as non-scary and non-threatening entities—just like you.
Imagine the ghost as something nice and warm.All life starts from the same place, so instead of viewing a ghost or spirit as a scary, otherworldly being, view them as a light that comes from the same place that you do.
- Know who your higher power is. If you believe in God, Christ, Santa Claus, or any other being, hold that all energy and life stems from them.
- Imagine that both you and the ghost or spirit stem from this higher power in the form of warm, glowing light.
- Allow that light to protect you from anything that is dark. Invite only love and light into your life.
Use humor to fight fear.What better way to get rid of fear than to laugh? This can be done in a number of ways: watch a funny movie, think of a funny joke, or turn what is scary into something funny.
- For example, think about how often ghosts have been used in comedy like the movies Casper the Friendly Ghost, or Scary Movie.
Say a prayer or sing a song.If fear of ghosts seems to be crippling you, say a prayer or some words that will help to give you peace and strength. For example, a religious person might recite the Lord’s Prayer or sing a happy song.
Do something to take your mind off of your fear.Sometimes the fear of ghosts is nothing more than our imagination playing tricks on us. What better way to avoid the fear than to take your mind off of it? Try an activity that will help keep your mind busy such as talking to a friend, watching cartoons, exercising, or doing homework.
Practice taking action even though you're scared.The key to happiness and success is the ability to act in the face of your fears.By confronting your fear of ghosts, you take away all of the power that it (or the ghosts) might have over you. For example, if you're afraid of the dark, try going to sleep without a nightlight or walking to the kitchen in the dark.
- Choose a minor situation that makes you afraid and use it as practice to build up to standing up to your fear of ghosts. For example, if you’re afraid of spiders, try to conquer this fear first.
- Always set a timeline on your goals to avoid backing out of them or giving up on them.
Stand up to your fear.Whether you have had interactions with ghosts or not, sometimes the best way to handle your fear of them is to stand firm. Speak clearly and firmly and tell them what you will not tolerate from them.The important point to remember is that you actually have to believe in your determination or they won’t believe it or respect it.
- Even if there are no ghosts around, this can be a very powerful way to change your focus from thinking negative thoughts to positive ones.
QuestionWhat is the truth behind exorcism and should I believe my friend when she says she can communicate with spirits?
Clinical Social WorkerClinical Social WorkerExpert AnswerExorcism and communication with spirits is pretty intense and dark stuff. Try to stay away from it, and instead employ some of the ideas presented in this Wiki article. Stay safe.Thanks!
QuestionI read this and I really like it but the ghost I am afraid of has powers so they can do things to you. I am not allowed to do any phones and stuff during bed so I can't distract myself. What can I do?
Clinical Social WorkerClinical Social WorkerExpert AnswerQuestion: Have you confided your fears to your parents? Sometimes things like night lights or soft music can help a person relax and take their mind off of the thing they fear. If your fear is out of control and you sense danger, consider confiding in a parent, older sibling or other family member.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I stop waking up due to being afraid of ghosts?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou should not watch scary things before going to sleep and stop thinking about them. Sleep near someone like a friend or family member if you can. If not, watch funny things and have positive thoughts before going to sleep.Thanks!
QuestionI watched a conspiracy theory video about a thing that crawls onto your bed. How do I get over it?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou can get over it by reminding yourself that it's not real -- if it was, there would be tangible evidence by now of people getting eaten by things crawling into their beds. You can also watch funny videos, read a book, or play a game to take your mind off the video.Thanks!
QuestionHow can I stop myself from envisioning scary pictures when I close my eyes to sleep?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerRead or watch something happy or funny before you sleep, or create a story in your head that you think so much about it takes over the thoughts of scary things. Also leave a light on when you go to sleep, so you can't imagine things in the dark.Thanks!
QuestionHow can I stop myself from believing in ghosts?Kaycee YoungCommunity AnswerThis is a spiritual belief. You can only figure it out for yourself. Don't try looking for reasons why ghosts DO exist. Try to ignore conversations about ghosts, and/or walk away from them if necessary.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I overcome my fear of sleeping alone?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerMaybe leave a light on when you go to sleep, or take a big teddy bear to bed with you. Even just stacking a bunch of pillows around you can make you feel safer.Thanks!
QuestionI watched a movie on exorcism. It says it is based on a true story. And after that it's been giving me sleepless nights. I'm afraid even during the day. How do I overcome this?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerNot many people have dealt with exorcism. There are a very few cases about this topic in the world. To overcome this fear, you should maybe try prayer or yoga before you go to bed so you are relaxed. Remember, movies and TV shows can be exaggerated, even if they claim to be based on true stories.Thanks!
QuestionI think that there is something paranormal in my home, and all of my family members have noticed it as well. How can I overcome my fear?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou can get a priest to bless the home to repel the spirit, and see if it goes away. You can also read books and look further into the topic of the paranormal to know more about them. You may even discover that you're interested in them!Thanks!
QuestionHow do I overcome the fear of dead loved ones or people haunting you?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIf that truly happened, loved ones would never want to hurt you.Thanks!
I think there is a ghost in my house but my family don't believe in ghosts. What do I do?
Why are the pictures in this article so scary? Please put less scary pictures!
- Always remember to educate yourself about the spiritual world. Fear is often based on a lack of knowledge or consciousness.
- Don't allow others' fears to make you afraid.
- If you ever get scared. Just tell a friend or family and they will help you. And sleep with someone you know.
Video: How to Stop Being Afraid of Ghosts. You Know They're Just People Right?
AnIllustrator Creates Stories With Such anUnexpected Twist, It’s Hilarious
After a month of partying, its time to get serious — exams are just around the corner
10 Surprising Relationship Tips Divorce Lawyers Wish You Knew
10 Incredible Benefits Of Dandelion Tea – The Liver Lover
Looking Good Is The Best Revenge: How a Breakup Affects Stars’ FashionChoices
How to Generate Traffic to Your Blog Using Google Plus
6 Herpes Symptoms In Women That Shouldnt Be Ignored
How to Use Electromagnets
Foot Care for People with Diabetes
Emporio Armani Spring 2019 Ad Campaign Shot In Rome
23andMe for Weight Loss: I Lost 61 Pounds in 8 Months
Roast Chicken With Homemade Gravy Recipe
16 Super Chic Summer Outfit Ideas