How to wear yellow eyeshadow - and look great!
How to Wear Yellow Eye Shadow
Yellow eye shadow can make for a dramatic look. If you want makeup that's bold and eye-catching, opt for a yellow shade. You can prime your eyes with concealer and blend yellow with neutral colors. When assembling your other makeup and clothing, keep your look minimal as you're already wearing dramatic eye shadow. If you have yellow undertones in your skin, yellow eye shadow may not work for you.
Applying the Eye Shadow Effectively
Prime your eyes with a yellow concealer.Opt for a yellow concealer to apply over your eyelids. Yellow concealer can help make your eyes pop and make the eyeshadow more apparent. Add a thin layer of concealer to your eyelids before applying yellow eyeshadow.
- If you don't have yellow concealer, you can just use your regular concealer.
Apply yellow in the right places.In general, smearing yellow eye shadow across your eyelids is not necessarily the best way to use yellow. This can look sloppy and a bit too dramatic. Instead of applying yellow to your full lids, apply it strategically in a few key places. It will look bold when use to frame and highlight your eyes.
- You can add yellow near the rounder portions of your eyelid. Yellow on the side of your eyes, paired with a neutral color, can make for a dramatic look.
- Try adding yellow to the lower portion of your lid near the eyelash line. This can help brighten your eyes and add a little flare to neutral makeup.
- Frame your eyes with yellow. Add lines of yellow eye shadow around your eye on your lash lines to add a nice yellow frame.
- Apply a dab of yellow just to the inside corners for a pop of brightness.
Mix yellow with neutral colors.As you only want to add touches of yellow around your eyes, pair yellow with neutral colors. Blend the yellow that's highlighting your eyes with neutral shades such as brown or gray. This can keep your look bold without being overly dramatic.
- For example, if you're adding yellow the corners of your eye, use black eyeliner or eye shadow to frame your eye.
- If you're using yellow to outline your eyes, color the main lids with something like medium golden brown.
- Using a single, well-defined line of yellow can also look great.
- You can also play around with other colors to create unique looks. For example, pairing yellow with purple or blue shades is very pretty and will make the color work for people that have yellow undertones in their skin.
Use darker shades at night.Think about the time of day when applying yellow. Very bright yellow may stand out a lot during the night time. This may be too bold, to the point it looks gaudy. If you're wearing yellow eyeshadow for a nighttime look, opt for darker shades like mustard yellows over bright neon colors or sunny yellows.
Planning the Rest of Your Look
Pair yellow eye shadow with a bold lipstick.In general, you should play down your other makeup if you're wearing yellow. However, bold lips and bold eye shadow pair well together. Try a bold color like orange, red, or pink.
- Opt for a glossy or shiny lipstick that really stands out.
- Pick a lip color that pairs well with your skin tone so that your makeup will still look good even if the yellow eye shadow is not flattering.
Keep your other makeup minimal.Besides your lips and eye shadow, keep your other makeup minimal. Opt for a light layer of foundation with only a hint of things like bronzer or concealer. This will keep the focus on your bold eyes.
Go for highlighter over blush on your cheeks.Blush can really bring out the color in your cheeks. However, rosy cheeks and yellow eyeshadow may be a bit much. Instead of applying blush to your cheeks, dab on some highlighter. This will add sheen to your cheeks without adding too much color to your face. Apply your highlighter the same place you would normally apply blush.
Apply a light layer of mascara to your lashes.Avoid dramatic lashes with dramatic eye shadow. A single light layer of mascara should be enough when wearing yellow eye shadow. Opt for a neutral shade of mascara. Black or brown mascaras generally pair well with yellow eye shadow.
- Avoid fake eyelashes, as these will look too dramatic.
Avoiding Common Mistakes
Avoid overusing yellow if you have the wrong skin tone.If your skin has yellow undertones, yellow eye shadow is probably not a great choice for you, except for using as an accent. It can make your skin looked washed out. In general, you want to pick a bold eye shadow that contrasts slightly with your natural skin tone.
- You can still use yellow to create small accents to colors that do flatter your skin tone.
Avoid coordinating with your outfit too much.Colorful eye shadow does not necessarily have to match your outfit. In fact, this can be a bit much. If you're wearing yellow eye shadow, do not also wear a bright yellow shirt or yellow pants.
- If you want yellow in your wardrobe, add a hint of yellow. For example, go for a shirt with yellow polkadots or wear a yellow necklace.
- Yellow eye shadow looks great with white, gray, and black clothing.
Be confident.If you're wearing colorful eye shadow, it's important to own the look. Have confidence if you decide to wear yellow. Go a little bold with your colors, using yellow dramatically enhance your eyes.
Video: HOW TO Wear Yellow Eyeshadow | Alexandra Anele
Why Naomie Harris is An Unsung Style Star
Guest post: How to make life more interesting
Nasty Gal’s July Lookbook Is A Study In Color
Tropical Storm Hilary rises up to oppose Tropical Storm Don
How to Take a Screenshot with a MacBook
Brad Pitt Angelina Jolie: A Timeline of Their Relationship
Is It Just Constipation Or Something More Serious
How do I look good in the rain
Stadium food could be getting a lot cheaper
Pasta with Chicken, Vegetables Spinach Pesto
How to Do a Twist and Curl on Natural Hair
The 7 Questions to Ask Yourself Before Taking Back aCheater
Meditation: The Best Thing To Happen To Sleep Since Pillows