Kale Apple Salad
Kale With Apples and Mustard
Tart apples, grainy mustard, cider vinegar and a touch of brown sugar add sweet-and-sour flavor to sauteed kale.
TOTAL TIME:30 min
- 1 tablespoon oil, olive, extra-virgin
1 1/2 pounds kale
ribs removed, coarsely chopped, (1 - 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2/3 cup(s) water
2 medium apple(s), Granny Smith
- 2 tablespoon vinegar, cider
- 4 teaspoon mustard, whole-grain
- 2 teaspoon sugar, brown
1 pinch salt
1. Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add kale and cook, tossing with two large spoons, until bright green, about 1 minute.
2. Add water, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes.
3. Stir in apples; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the kale is tender, 8 to 10 minutes more.
4. Meanwhile, whisk vinegar, mustard, brown sugar and salt in a small bowl.
5. Add the mixture to the kale, increase heat to high and boil, uncovered, until most of the liquid evaporates, 3 to 4 minutes.
Video: Organic Chopped Kale, Apple & Cranberry Salad with Honey-Mustard Vinaigrette Dressing
MOS Pack Grande review: a 140 expandable travel backpack thats tech-friendly
Fresh Summer Fragrances
Um, Why Do I Always Get a Headache After Eating
A Guide to Mens Styling Products
Unsure About Preventative Hysterectomy
Yoga: Hippie Nonsense or True ZenPortal
How to Know when You Need a Tetanus Shot
How to Quit a Job
Breast Cancer Appears Less Deadly for Men Than Women
I Consulted A Sleep Doctor And Tried To Get My Full 8 Hours Every Night For A Month—Here’s What Happened
New York Strip with Mushroom Gravy and Caramelized Onions