11-Year-Old Girl Suffers Third Degree Burns From Making Homemade Slime
This Woman Got Third-Degree Burns After Her Teeth-Whitening Went Wrong
When 18 year-old Abbie Kilbride got her braces removed, she wanted to show off her new teeth as best she could, so she booked a teeth-whitening session with a woman who was recommended by some friends—and the result is enough to put you off cheaper beauty treatments for life.
Kilbride was left with swollen lips and third-degree burns after the treatment, which was given by a woman who was not a dentist. She took to Facebook afterwards to detail the ordeal, in a post that has since been shared 8,000 times, saying:
"I sat there for just over one hour and every 10-15 minutes she would top up the gel on my teeth. No questions were asked like my age, have I had my teeth whitened before, any allergies or patch test."
Her mouth was left feeling numb after the treatment, but she was told that this would be fine and she should put lipstick on. The swelling remained, so she used ice and antihistamines until her pharmacist told her to go straight to the doctor. Sadly, her doctor laughed it off and told her it was a "lesson learned."
She then text the woman who performed the treatment, but did not get a reply.
Video: How Woman Recovered From Facial Burns After Falling on Hot Grill
The Health Benefits of Pets
Anxiety Disorder: How Dealing With My Anxiety Strengthened My Relationship
A Poor Nights Sleep May Be In Your Genes
How to Stop Feeling Over the Hill
How to Make Small Talk When You Dont Want To
How to Travel on a Limited Budget
The Most Festive and Delicious Christmas Dinner Recipes
Baked Chicken Curry Recipe
This Woman Cut Her Workouts By 50 Minutes—And Lost 9 Pounds In 30 Days
The 30 Most Iconic Fringe Moments of AllTime
Huawei hits back at Australian national security claims
5 tweaks for a bigger back